Black and white photograph of the Coghlan General Store taken from across the road; "GENERAL STORE" painted onto the side of the building; sign that reads "pioneer general store" hangs above the door; sign for Coghlan Community Hall partially visible towards the right of the photo. Note that came with the photo reads" 1965- Coghlan General Store as it was in 1965. It was originally built in 1912 by Pete Spence for Mr. and Mrs. Petersen who operated it until 1939 when it was taken over by Mr. E. P. Rowe and his son Alan. They ran a delivery service up [down] Coghlan Road as far as Fraser Highway. The building included living quarters as well as the store and post office. Once the trams [BC Electric Interurban] discontinued running, business dropped off and the Rowe's closed the store."